Here you are, a new photo-summary of our activities:
- Peak District (Sat. 01/02/14)
- Peak District (Sun. 02/02/14)
- Geocaching at Salcey Forest (Sat. 08/02/14)
- Woburns Sands Heritage Trail & Chocolate workshop (Sat 01/03/14)
- Dunstable Downs (Sun. 16/03/14)
- Harrold-Odell Country Park (Sat. 22/03/14)
- Lake District (Fri. 28 – Sun. 30/04/14) [temporal link]
- Lake District (Fri. 28/04/14) [Flickr]
- Lake District (Sat. 29/04/14) [Flickr]
- Lake District (Sat. 29/04/14) [Google+]
- Lake District (Sun. 30/04/14) [Flickr]
- Lake District (Sun. 30/04/14) [Google+]
- Stewartby Lake and St. Mary’s Church (Sat. 23/11/2013)
- Luminaries Woburnensis (Lantern walk) (Sat. 07/12/2013)
- Stanwick lakes (Sat. 18/01/14) (Flickr)
- Stanwick lakes (Sat. 18/01/14) (Facebook)
- White Horse Hill and Ashdown Park (Sat. 25/01/14)
Are your cameras ready for breathtaking landscapes, startled/indiferent animals, stone buildings, and tired hikers? We always have great photographers among our walkers, and we love them to show their pictures.
As you know, we are currently looking for a Photo Editor. He/she will make sure that our graphic memories are shared and properly treasured. He/she can also be the official photographer of the Walking Society!! We certainly need official photographic reports of our events. If you like photography, this position is meant for you 😉
But for the moment we have set up a group in Flickr:
If you have a Flickr account, you can share there your pictures from the walks. If you don’t have it, you can always take a look to the photos from our routes.
We look forward to seeing your photos!
Join us for this fun walk where we will incorporating our love of walking with our love of photography! The walk will begin at Ampthill park, a fascinating heritage site, most noted for Ampthill castle, where Henry VIII stayed. The walk continues to the haunted Houghton house, a 17th century mansion, designed to be a hunting lodge.
Andrew will be telling us the fascinating story of the magical golden rabbit treasure that prompted hundreds of people to start digging for this treasure!
During the walk, one of our resident photographers, Josie will be teaching about photography and the tips and tricks for taking a great picture. Bring your camera, any camera will do, even the ones on your phone.
If anyone wants to be a model, and is comfortable being in front of the camera feel free to dress up a bit and come along…what better surroundings than the castle where Henry VIII stayed!
The walk will be 8km long, finishing with a picnic in the park so if everyone brings along some food we can share it around. Bring lots of water!
Leave from NatWest bank at
14:30 p.m o9:30 (as there is heavy rain forecast in the afternoon)
The walk will cost £3, £5 for non-members to cover transport. If we have people who are willing to drive let us know. To sign up, please email email@example.com
Deadline for signing up is Friday 26th July at 13:00